The Federal Aviation Administration introduced new guidelines for drone use round key US landmarks together with monuments and dams. Below the brand new restrictions, drones are to not fly inside 400 ft of the designated landmarks. The FAA says these guidelines had been applied on the request of US safety and regulation enforcement businesses.
These places are simply the newest added to the rising checklist of the FAA’s no-fly zones which incorporates airports and airstrips, military bases, sports activities stadiums, and nationwide parks. Curiously sufficient, half of the places on the newest checklist are dams, which exhibits the FAA is taking a stronger stance in opposition to drones round utilities as effectively. The restrictions might be efficient October 5, 2017.
- Statue of Liberty Nationwide Monument, New York, NY
- Boston Nationwide Historic Park (U.S.S. Structure), Boston, MA
- Independence Nationwide Historic Park, Philadelphia, PA
- Folsom Dam; Folsom, CA
- Glen Canyon Dam; Lake Powell, AZ
- Grand Coulee Dam; Grand Coulee, WA
- Hoover Dam; Boulder Metropolis, NV
- Jefferson Nationwide Growth Memorial; St. Louis, MO
- Mount Rushmore Nationwide Memorial; Keystone, SD
- Shasta Dam; Shasta Lake, CA